- Hundreds of different unique pieces to choose from...
- Unlimited time to work on your pottery, can't finish in one visit....return as many times needed to complete your masterpiece at no extra cost.
- Choose as many colours needed to create your masterpiece...
- We have hundreds of ez-to-use Silk-Screen Stencils to add some awesome flare to your pottery project, along with Fun- Writers, etching tools, sponges, different style art brushes, cool idea binders and more...
- Need a little inspirational push, our art instructors can definitely put in the right direction with tons of tips and tricks.
- Pottery prices are found underneath each piece and that price covers all your paint, tools, time and firing (no studio fees)..
Need a Clock ?
no prob; come in choose any flat piece and we'll transform it into your very own personal clock...
Paint pottery in the comfort of your own home or work..
- pick out your pottery pieces
- pick out your glaze colours & brushes
- you're off to the races; but, take as long as you like
- when your good & ready bring back for firing
- no extra cost for take home kits
$25 per person
- Start with making personal Pin-Back button
- Choose your pottery from the b-day wall
- Dozens of pieces to select from (coin banks, mugs, trinket-boxes, figurines and many more)
- Choose your own paint colours
- Complimentary B-day / handprint, signing plate
- You can bring snacks, cake, juicebox & presents
- No min. or max. / Pay for who shows up / No deposit required
Clay-Building projects need two studio visits
- first visit: build & create
- second visit: glaze your clay project
(can be shortened to 1 visit with building & glazing / limits you too only 1 type of glazing)
- No experience necessary, all ages & skill levels
- We provide all of the necessary tools for the job
- Pottery instructors will guide thru the whole process
individual personal instruction - work at your own pace
- Take as long as you need to finish your project
- Learn different hand-building techniques (pinch potting, coiling, slab, molding, clay puzzling & more
- After two weeks you are able to glaze your pottery with either a high-temp earth tone glaze look or use colourful under glazes
- Here are just a few ideas you can create: Mugs, Bowls, Coasters, Animal Banks, Masks, Teapots, Trinket Boxes, Vases, Spoon Rests (ultimately clay ideas are endless)
- Each clay project is priced individually based on amount of clay, the average cost of clay building ranges from $20 to $35
Pottery Wheel 2wk-Session (one-time throwing)
One-time session allows you to throw up to 4 balls of clay and transform them into bowls, mugs, vases or whatever you desire for $80 per person.
- First visit throw and spin on the wheel
- Second visit two weeks after you'll be trimming and glazing your pieces
One Week Pottery-Wheel Rental !
Pottery Wheel rental where we drop off the wheel Friday morning and pick up Tuesday morning, directly to your house for you and your family to enjoy !
- Throw with one 50lbs, two blocks of clay for $300.
- We will give you a mini verbal tutorial and a set of instructions and off you go !
- Throw your wheel pieces and return them to our shop to be glazed & fired for your own unique pottery projects !
Please Call to book your next wheel session on 519-826-7529
8 Week Pottery Class
- No experience necessary (worked with clay? we'll more than accommodate exp. potters)
- We provide all of the necessary tools for the job
- Pottery instructors will guide thru the whole process with individual instruction - work at your own pace
- 8 week course, 3 hour sessions
- Learn different hand-building techniques (pinch potting, coiling, slab-building, molding, clay puzzling & more
- High temp custom glazing tips, tricks & techniques
- Build 20 to 30 pottery pieces
- $360 per. person - incl. tools, clay, glazing, firing, & instruction
Please Call the Shop to book your spot on 519-826-7529
Baby & Toddler Clay Prints..
- $25 one print impression with glaze colour choice.
- $35 two prin impression with glaze colour choice on same plaque.
Paint Stamping Impressions..
Select from a wide selection of ready made ceramics & our staff will assist you with stamping your little ones hand and feet prints as well as personalized writing.
Dogos' & Kitties Impressions..
$25 for two Paws prints
Clay impression keepsake with your choice in Glaze Colour.
Play with Clay's casual atmosphere is the perfect venue to host your next gathering...
- Get away from the office and spend time in our pottery studio with either pottery painting or building with clay.
- Studio seats up to 80 guests (no minimum amount of guests needed)
- Choose pottery painting or building a mug (clay mug requires 2 visits)
- Feel free to bring food, snacks, and beverages
- We have a Steeped-Tea Bar for all guests to enjoy
- Laugh with your friends and co-workers or at them all in good fun !
Clay-Building Team Event..
- Full instruction and guidance throughout
- Cannot promise the exact results but we are certain everyone will leave with a useable/drinkable finished Ceramic Mug..... But we can promise a really fun and unique experience with a Clay Mug personally hand crafted by you and your guests !
- This costs $28 per person
Pottery Painting Team Event..
- Pottery Painting group get-togethers are simple and tons of fun
- You and your Guests can select from 100's of ready made ceramic pieces from our shelves, and the cost for this averages from $20 to $30 for most pottery pieces
the Clay Bar is our newest addition to Play with Clay in Guelph
Drop-in anytime for Drinks & Pottery
- The Clay Bar is a fully licensed room where unique cocktails, craft beer, wines and house made appetizers are served.
- the Clay Bar now hosts our Pottery Classes & Adult Workshops
- The Clay Bar can be booked for private functions where guests can experience Art, Drinks & Food
- Friend Gatherings, Date-Nights and more !
- Call to book your next Bachelorette Party, Work Function, Shower or Family & Friend Gathering anytime or day at the Clay Bar
School off-sites or in-Studio visits
Play with Clay can visit your classrooms or you can make a special trip out to our studio, both visits can experience painting pottery or building with fresh clay.
Our experienced Pottery-Instructors will walk you through the full process and guide you along the way.
- School visits require 2 or more classes to participate
- in-Studio visit no min. or max required